Pills Search
  • +Anti-Allergic/Asthma (33)
  • +Anti-Depressant (39)
  • +Anti-Herpes (2)
  • +Anti-Infectives (31)
  • +Anti-Smoking (2)
  • +Antibiotics (43)
  • +Cancer (11)
  • +Cardio & Blood (95)
  • +Diabetes (23)
  • +Epilepsy (7)
  • +Gastrointestinal (22)
  • +General Health (50)
  • +Hair Loss (1)
  • +Healthy Bones (20)
  • +Herbals (5)
  • +HIV (7)
  • +Hormonal (1)
  • +Men’s Health (17)
  • +Mental Disorders (9)
  • Pain Relief/Muscle Relaxant (45)
  • +Parkinson And Alzheimer (7)
  • +Sexual Health (2)
  • +Skin Care (16)
  • +Weight Loss (6)
  • +Women’s Health (37)

Soma (Carisoprodol)

Other names: Vanadom
Should I request a second opinion, if my back injury does not respond to my doctor’s treatment after a reasonable time?
Yes. After a period of six to eight weeks, you should discuss your failure to progress with your treating doctor and explore alternatives to the current treatment program. It is very important to communicate to your doctor your failure to progress, and not just assume that your doctor has noted it. Most doctors welcome a second opinion in difficult cases and will suggest the names of other doctors who might be able to help. Be clear on your insurance company’s policy regarding second opinions. (Some companies require them in certain circumstances.) This information is very important if your bills are being paid under workers’ compensation laws or if you are a member of a restrictive type of group health/HMO system.
What should I do if my insurance company refuses to pay for either extended physical therapy or the purchase of therapy equipment that I can use to exercise at home?
Insurance plans are intended to be general rather than specific. Your treatment plan may be outside the norm, resulting in a denial of benefits. If this happens, consult your plan booklet and find out how to appeal a denial of benefits. Be sure to follow all the procedural steps in a timely manner. You should ask your doctor to state in a letter to the person or committee handling your appeal why the therapy or equipment is needed. If you are required to attend a hearing, present all the reasons for continued treatment or for the purchase of equipment. If your appeal is denied, you may want to seek the advice of an attorney.

Leave a Reply